Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Game Notes: Stanford 68, WFU 24
Posted Sep 19, 2010
PALO ALTO, CA -- Wake Forest fell behind early and never recovered on Saturday night, falling to Stanford 68-24, the Deacons' first loss of the season.
• Captains for Wake Forest were
• 8:25 kickoff PST was the latest start for a football game in Stanford Stadium history
• According to Wake Forest Media Relations,
became just the 3rd true freshman quarterback to start a game in the Football Bowl Subdivision this year.
• Stanford led Wake Forest 14-7 after the 1st quarter. Stanford was on the board first with a touchdown pass from
to on their 1st possession. Wake Forest came back with a touchdown on an 80 yard drive, scoring on a 22 yard
run. A 35 yard touchdown pass from Luck capped a two play drive for the lead at the end of the 1st.
• Given's 22 yard touchdown run was the longest rushing touchdown of his career.
entered the ballgame at quarterback for Wake Forest with 7:30 left in the 1st half with Wake Forest down 34-7. Stachitas went three and out on his first series.
• Stanford scored three touchdowns in the second quarter as well on a short run from
and a 11 yard touchdown pass from Luck and a 52 yard touchdown rushing for Luck. Stanford capped their second quarter scoring with another Gaffney touchdown for a 41-7 lead. Wake’s
kicked a yard field goal with 4 seconds left in the half to bring the Deacs to 41-10 at half.
started 2nd half scoring for Stanford with a 9 yard touchdown run. Tanner Price struck back with a 28 yard touchdown pass to cut the lead to 55-17. The quarter finished with a
touchdown, bringing the score to 55-24.
ran for a score in the 4th for Stanford, giving the Cardinal a 61-24 lead. The Cardinal added another touchdown to provide the final score, 68-24.
• Wake Forest was unable to stop the Cardinal offense on Saturday night. The Demon Deacons did not force a punt or turnover with the Cardinal 1st team offense in the game. It was not until 5:41 left in the 3rd with Stanford up 55-17 that the Demon Deacons forced a punt.
• According to WFU Media Relations, Wake's 131 points scored the team's first three games is the most scored in three consecutive games since 1939.
• With the loss, Wake Forest falls to 2-1 on the season. The Demon Deacons will travel to Florida State next weekend for a Saturday showdown with FSU at 3:30 on ABC.
Bastrop trips Cen-Texas power Westlake
Oct 11, 2009
Wake is Right for Price
Jun 24, 2009
Texas QB On Wake's Radar
Jun 8, 2009
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from DeaconSports.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Wake Forest > Recruiting
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft