Austin Westlake, one Texas' best 5A powerhouses, battles Bastrop at home. TPI writer James…
Game Notes: Stanford 68, WFU 24
• 8:25 kickoff PST was the latest start for a football game in Stanford Stadium history
• According to Wake Forest Media Relations, Tanner Price became just the 3rd true freshman quarterback to start a game in the Football Bowl Subdivision this year.
• Stanford led Wake Forest 14-7 after the 1st quarter. Stanford was on the board first with a touchdown pass from Andrew Luck to on their 1st possession. Wake Forest came back with a touchdown on an 80 yard drive, scoring on a 22 yard Chris Givens run. A 35 yard touchdown pass from Luck capped a two play drive for the lead at the end of the 1st.
• Given's 22 yard touchdown run was the longest rushing touchdown of his career.
• Ted Stachitas entered the ballgame at quarterback for Wake Forest with 7:30 left in the 1st half with Wake Forest down 34-7. Stachitas went three and out on his first series.
• Stanford scored three touchdowns in the second quarter as well on a short run from Tyler Gaffney and a 11 yard touchdown pass from Luck and a 52 yard touchdown rushing for Luck. Stanford capped their second quarter scoring with another Gaffney touchdown for a 41-7 lead. Wake's Jimmy Newman kicked a yard field goal with 4 seconds left in the half to bring the Deacs to 41-10 at half.
• Stepfan Taylor started 2nd half scoring for Stanford with a 9 yard touchdown run. Tanner Price struck back with a 28 yard touchdown pass to cut the lead to 55-17. The quarter finished with a Michael Campanaro touchdown, bringing the score to 55-24.
• Alex Loukas ran for a score in the 4th for Stanford, giving the Cardinal a 61-24 lead. The Cardinal added another touchdown to provide the final score, 68-24.
• Wake Forest was unable to stop the Cardinal offense on Saturday night. The Demon Deacons did not force a punt or turnover with the Cardinal 1st team offense in the game. It was not until 5:41 left in the 3rd with Stanford up 55-17 that the Demon Deacons forced a punt.
• According to WFU Media Relations, Wake's 131 points scored the team's first three games is the most scored in three consecutive games since 1939.
• With the loss, Wake Forest falls to 2-1 on the season. The Demon Deacons will travel to Florida State next weekend for a Saturday showdown with FSU at 3:30 on ABC.
InsideTheDeacons.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 8 Strategy
Should you keep Fred Jackson or cut him? Should you cut Zac Stacy or trade him? Each team requires its own strategy based on different circumstances and Dr. Roto does his best to clarify your…Read More
Who's Hot? Week 8: Trevone, Pitt D, Kirby
The stud teams, players, coaches and trends from Week 8Read More
10 Rules For Night Shift Walleyes
Autumn walleye anglers turn their bows toward the launch ramp as the sun sets and evening temperatures begin to fall. That’s when Steve DeZurik begins his fishing shift.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
The Haunted History of the White House
The Executive Mansion isn't just home to the First Family. It's also home to a variety of...ghosts.Read More